February 21, 2016

Sunday Soundbite: What are you reading?

I figured I would make this week's Sunday Soundbite an open thread.

So, what are you reading?

I just finished Wicked. I don't know how I made it this long without reading the novel, but I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next installment.

I'm also still reading Breaking the Spell by Daniel Dennett. I've really enjoyed it too, and I ran across this quote that I thought was just wonderful (technically, it comes from his book Darwin's Dangerous Idea, but it was reprinted in this):

Is something sacred? Yes, say I with Neitzsche. I could not pray to it it, but I can stand in affirmation of its magnificence. The world is sacred.

Definitely one I am adding to my list of favorite quotes.

I'm looking forward to finishing up Breaking the Spell this week, and then I think I will be reading Hamilton by Ron Chernow. I had planned on reading Freakonomics next, but Hamilton is really calling to me via the musical's original cast recording, soooooo....

What are you reading now? What've you read recently? What's up next? What are you up to?

Don't mind my interrogation, please! I hope you've had a fantastic Sunday and that your week only gets better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment