November 13, 2015

Feminist Friday: Check out these great pieces from around the web.

This is one of those weeks where I don't know that I have anything to add to the great things that have been said. Here's an overview of some of the pieces that I really enjoyed.


Ageism Is Real: Check out this Witty Bitches piece "Dear Dagmar: The Profanity Police Profanity" which deals with issues that go along with aging and agism. I don't know about you, but I plan on being the grandmother who uses fuck the absolute most....

Anti-Trans Bathroom Arguments Are Totally WTF: For real, I don't get them. take a look at this Feministing piece "How Anti-Trans Bathroom Arguments Exploit Fear of Sexual Violence to Push Bigotry". I really don't get this attitude. When we point out legitimate instances of sexual violence on college campuses, we're told that women lie and make things up. But somehow arguing that trans people are waiting to assault you in the bathroom we're supposed to accept at face value? Give me a fucking break. They just need to pee, guys!

Types of Anti-Feminists: Everyday Feminism ran this cartoon of the "32 Types of Anti-Feminists You'll Meet". It's painfully accurate--but also hilarious.


We're All Bad Feminists: It's my honest belief that every single one of us is on a scale from bad to terrible feminist. I'm okay with that. Also, I love Ronda Rousey, so this is probably why the piece "Ronda Rousey's Feminism is Complex and Imperfect--and That's Okay" really appealed to me.


There were lots of great pieces around the web. These were just four of my favorites. What'd you enjoy reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment