October 25, 2015

Sunday Soundbite: Hip hopping through American History with Hamilton: An American Musical

I want to say it was on NPR's "All Songs Considered", but I can't for sure....

Anyway, I stumbled across my new obsession while catching up on podcats a few weeks ago, and I haven't stopped listening yet. The "Hamilton: An American Musical" OCR is amazing. Indeed, I wish I had a rich benefactor who would make it possible for my dude and me to head to New York and see it live. #AGalCanDream

From Wikipedia:

Hamilton is a musical with music, lyrics, and book by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It is inspired by the biography Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow. The musical premiered Off-Broadway in February 2015, where its engagement was sold out. It transferred to Broadway in August 2015 where it received enthusiastic reviews and more sold out houses. It won the 2015 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Musical and seven other Drama Desk Awards out of 14 nominations.


You'll ever enjoy politics this much again. Here's a few clips that I found online:




The Schuyler Sisters are my favorite characters in the entire show. Here's a clip of them demonstrating how they warm up:


I don't want to bog down your feed too much, so I'll leave it there. This is a fantastic album, though, and I can't stop jamming to it. iTunes, $19.99. I also read that they are going to release (have released?) a vinyl edition, and I have to say....I WANT IT SO BAD.

Anyway, I hope this Sunday finds you well and that your week is amazing. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment