September 30, 2015

Women of Doubt: Sarah Rocksdale, YouTuber, Vlogger, makes a great video

There's a video making the rounds, and since I am just starting to get back into the hang of doing my columns again, I thought I would share, promote the Youtuber/Vlogger, and talk a little bit about why I think this was great.

Sarah Rocksdale usually makes YouTube videos about beauty and fashion. This week, she posted a video titled "I'm An Atheist: What Atheism Is & What It's Not". It was a fantastic mix of great information and personal experience.



I'm not going to do a full bio (because I can't, obviously), but here's how Sarah describes herself on her YouTube channel:

Hi, my name is Sarah & I love creating makeup, hair & fashion videos! Please subscribe for more videos every week!ABOUT ME:Currently in Los Angeles, CAI was in the NYX Face Awards 2012 & 2013I'm a licensed cosmetologist, graduated from Paul Mitchell in 2013I'm married to my best friend, Kyle =DYoutube is something I absolutely love and I'm very passionate about it. I love creating videos and sharing them with you all and I love meeting people and being able to go to events like IMATS, Vidcon and so many others! Let's be friends!

You can also check in with the coverage of the video over at the Friendly Atheist.

It really is so important to have so many people--not just atheist activists--to come out and say, "Hey, I'm an atheist. I'm cool with it. It's okay to be an atheist." It's important to have that visibility.

Anyway, I wanted to give Sarah a shout-out and say, "Thanks." Thanks for being visible. Thanks for leveraging your platform. I'll be checking out your channel going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment