March 16, 2015

Stories in Stupidity: Let's talk about Mike Huckabee and how he does not understand bisexuality (or most any sexuality)

Mike Huckabee has a book out! Did you know that?

Yup. That's it.

It's full of some real gems of wisdom, including this statement:

"The claim that same-sex marriage is destroying society is actually greatly overstated."

Wow. That is some serious progress, right? It'd be great if the whole book just had that statement, on literally every.single.page.

But alas! Huckabee did not leave it there, and amid so many other statements--you can take a look at some others right here--there was a little gem that really, really stuck out to me. Let me share it, and then we'll dive in and talk about it a bit, m'kay? M'kay. Here we go:

"Shouldn't a bisexual be able to have both a male and female spouse? Wouldn't restricting that person access to both genders be denying the bisexual his or her marriage 'equality?'" 

I...

I......

I.........

I............

I really feel like we should require our public figures, especially those running for office, to take a really good course on human sexuality and relationships.

Huckabee, my dear Huckabee, let me explain this to you: Bisexuality and monogamy are absolutely not mutually exclusive. They are points on two different spectrums.

I just...I can't.

Take a look over at the link above. What's your favorite Huckabee quirky quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment