March 04, 2015

Change is A' Comin'

It's been a long few weeks. You may have noticed that the posting has gotten somewhat erratic again. There's been so much going on that I've not been able to work on it as hard as I would like to.

Our family has started house shopping! Yay! We're first-time homebuyers, and as somewhat of a control freak, I'm in absolute upheaval. It doesn't help that we are moving to a different town, the one that my spouse works in, and that has meant a lot of driving back and forth to meet with the realtor and get a feel for the area.

It's good news, but it's been busy news. It definitely looks to be a busy few months. Hopefully we will be all set to close next month, and then be ready to pack and get moved by the time our lease is up on this place. Hopefully.

In other news, I'm working on a secondary blog. I know, you're probably thinking, "But didn't you just say that you are currently too busy to even post regularly on this one," and you're right--I kind of did. But I've been struck recently by the seeming lack of homemaking blogs run by atheists or humanists or anyone that isn't a Christian, really. It's a topic near and dear to my heart as a stay at home parent and spouse right now. I've been toying with the idea of launching a new column on the blog about it, but it didn't really seem to fit with the overall content when I wrote them up. So, look for The Happy Heathen Humanist Homemaker to launch soon, at humanisthomemaker.blogspot.com.

The columns that have fallen by the wayside will pick back up as I get more time. Women of Doubt and Atheist Bible Study are incredibly labor intensive, and require a good bit of legwork for me to get them up to standard, so look for them sporadically over the next few months. I'm hoping by June or July I'll be back up to doing all six columns every week again. In the meantime, I'll definitely keep pumping out my less intensive columns (the ones that don't require as much research) and my thoughts on other subjects. I just love the sound of my own typing. ;)

Chapter 3 of Genesis has proven to be a bit of a challenge for me and the Atheist Bible Study series. There's so much there, and it's the foundation of so many other doctrines, that it's going to be a multi-part series. I don't know how many parts yet, but I have a ton of information already, and I am slowly compiling it into something intelligible. Yay!

Do YOU have an idea? I'd really, really love to hear it. I've got a ton of reading I am doing and it's sparking so many ideas. I've got a huge folder full of them on here. But I am always looking for new content and subjects to explore.

Anyway, I will be around! If you'd like to follow along, you can subscribe by email to receive an update when a new post goes up, or add us to a blog reader (might I suggest BlogLovin'? That's where I keep all of my favorite cyber hangouts!).

Take care, y'all! I'll be back with Atheist Mama tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment