October 13, 2014

Taking a Few Days Off: I promise, I'm not abandoning my post forever

Tonight, we said goodbye to my very dear Bootsie. After he took a turn for the worst, I made the difficult decision to have him euthanized rather than face more surgery with progressively worse outlooks.

He was peaceful in the end, and I am glad that he is not in anymore pain.

I, however, am not doing so well, and have taken this pretty hard. So I need a couple of days. I already had three posts scheduled for this week, so they will go up tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, and I will write again if I feel up to it

My heart is honestly very broken. He was the absolute best dog, the kind that makes you want to be a better person.

Since energy can't be destroyed, I've decided that someday he will be a part of the best, brightest and most beautiful star in the sky.

Anyway, I will quit rambling now, I promise.

You all have a good few days, and I will be back as soon as I can. If you'd like to keep up and not have to keep checking in, follow Over the Cuckoos' Nest on Bloglovin' or use the link further down the homepage to subscribe by email.

And again, give you furry ones an extra scratch, would you? You just never know how long you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment