October 12, 2014

Sunday Soundbite: Pictures that will restore your faith in humanity

Happy Sunday!

Last week was a long week, and I am hoping to see a much better one this week!

For our Sunday Soundbite, I'd love to share with you 27 Pictures that Prove the World Isn't as Bad as It Seems, by Buzzfeed.

All of them are amazing, but I was especially struck by this one:


I remember growing up, when my dad had to be gone, and how precious those moments were. Nothing gets me more than a soldier and kids. I was that kid.

I'm still insanely proud of my dad (and my husband, for that matter). This pic really hit me in da feelz, as they say.

Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing week. I've got some truly interesting (I hope) content planned. I had a good bit left from Thursday and Friday last week that I'm going to try to fit in if I can and if it's still timely, so there's that.

We're going to be talking about Genesis in our Atheist Bible Study (finally!) and we're going to look at some the intersection of feminism and atheism in the rejection of the Good Mother Myth.

I'm also looking forward to talking some about Mike Fair, a South Carolina representative making the rounds recently on the creationist circuit.

I don't know if I will do the Feminist Friday post I had planned as a post during the week, or if I will wait until Friday, but either way we are going to talk some about consent in the age of "anti-rape" apps.

You may have also noticed some silence on the social media outlets. Don't worry--we are going to be back with a vengeance this coming week. I've finally worked out the schedule so that I can get what I need to get done, done, while still keeping up the blog and social media and preventing my children from experiencing abandonment issues that would likely cost me a good bit in therapy bills. ;)

That's just a quick peek at what's coming up this week. I'm looking forward to a week that is hopefully completely free of any significant bumps in the road...a week without sickness in anyone in the family would be completely amazeballs. I am just saying...

Soooooo....have a wonderful Sunday, and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment