September 07, 2014

Sunday Soundbite: Rejected Disney Princesses will make you wish you were more badass

Good morning, all! Happy Sunday! Welcome to another week here at the Nest.

I've had some serious family issues this weekend with the unexpected passing of my aunt, so I am traveling. We will be light on posts off and on for the next few days. Please bare with me.




I don't know about y'all, but I was inundated with images of Disney princesses growing up. My favorite was Belle, because she loved to read--just like me! And she was socially awkward...


...just like me!

But I have to say, I never imagined them like this.

The image above is Tomyris. Here's a short blurb about her:

This week we celebrate Tomyris, a woman who was legendary 500 years before the birth of Jesus. When the aggressive ruler of the world’s largest empire set his eyes on her country, she: turned down his marriage proposal, crushed his armies, and defiled his decapitated head in a manner so humiliating she was a household name for centuries.

Want to know more about this badass lady? Check her out here. 

And she is far from the only one.

Spend your Sunday afternoon perusing the blog right here. It will be well worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment