You guys know I love you, right? All of you that are faithfully reading the blog all...about seven, one of which is probably my little sister, judging from the average page views. ;)
I have to say this, because today I have for you something so crazy that I need you to know that I do not inflict it on you lightly. I really don't.
What we have today is a failure to communicate.
You see, Scott Lively is on to us. He knows that there IS a gay agenda--THERE IS GUYS THERE TOTALLY IS AND THERE'S GOING TO BE HOMOSEXUALS LIKE EVERYWHERE AND THEY WILL BE MARRYING AND DESTROYING SOCIETY AND SEXING AND GAWD NO!
The failure to communicate is that he believes that when we say "there is no gay agenda", we mean, "there is no agenda". This isn't true. There is absolutely an agenda within the LGBT+ movement, but it is not a gay agenda, anymore than the agenda of the Civil Rights Movement should be labelled a black agenda.
This is an equality agenda.
Now, I'll touch on that a bit more at the end of my analysis of Lively's piece, but in the interim, please, please, please, buckle your seatbelts. It's going to be a wild ride. How wild? Well, here is the conclusion that Lively would like us to end up with:
In summary, the “gay” agenda is to eliminate the existing Judeo-Christian model of civilization, grounded in marriage-based procreative sexuality, to make way for an irrational and impossible cultural Marxist model which imagines family-less, unlimited “sexual freedom” (anarchy), while somehow preserving orderliness in every other aspect of human society. It reflects an insane and Satanic delusion that breeds chaos, and can only be stopped by unceasing reaffirmation of biblical values and the natural family by the rest of us.And yes, that is a verbatim quote.
So here we go.
First of all, Lively would like us to know that we are all liar-mclie-y-pants, to use the technical term. He says:
Mentioning the “gay” agenda in the presence of an LGBT activist or any other cultural Marxist is like pulling the string on a Sheriff Woody doll. You hear precisely the same recording each time: “What gay agenda? There is no gay agenda.”
But, of course, the audacious lie that the now-global LGBT political movement has “no agenda” is as transparent as the emperor’s new clothes. Indeed, their agenda is not only undeniable, it has unfortunately become unavoidable.However, he makes a reasonable point:
An agenda is simply a plan or list of matters to be acted upon by a person or group related to a strategic goal to be achieved. By definition, every person or group with a goal has one.Don't get your hopes up--that is the absolute LAST reasonable point in the entire piece.
To this, I would respond--reasonably, because Lively is being reasonable here--that the strawman he constructed in his introduction didn't say there was NO agenda. It said there was "no gay agenda"--and there isn't. The LGBT+ movement isn't asking for special privileges. They're asking for what heterosexual, heternonormative, and bisexual folks like myself (that settle down with the opposite sex) ALREADY HAVE. That's not a gay agenda, or a transgender agenda, or a bisexual agenda. It's not a lesbian agenda. It's an equality agenda.
They are asking for--and rightfully demanding--the same rights as other citizens, in the eyes of the law.
That's what a secular nation is all about, man.
Lively says he didn't mind the Gay Agenda™ at one point:
The original goal of the “gay” movement was best summarized by Dale Jennings of the Mattachine Society as “the right to be left alone.” That goal can be translated as “tolerance.” I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of pro-family advocates and activists in the world today (including this writer) would gladly support that goal.I am so glad that this heterosexual male is able to sum up so succinctly the goal of the "gay" movement that has obviously been so twisted...I'm sorry, I can't even finish that statement to snark.
What Lively doesn't understand is that movements grow and adapt with the times. The challenges that face the LGBT+ movement today are not those that it faced in its infancy. At that time, they were battling legislation that made their lives illegal. They were fighting against often extreme violence. They were fighting against no media representations. Misinformation. The idea that they were spreading disease. They faced a lack of public care when they faced an incredibly devastating epidemic. These were challenges faced by those initial freedom fighters. In short, they were fighting just to be recognized as legitimate people.
Today, the challenges are the same and yet different. The misinformation is different. As we can see from polling data, however, a vast majority of Americans either support or don't give a shit. Those that care enough to oppose the movement are vast becoming a minority. Thus one could say some of those early goals have been achieved.
This frees up the movement to face the new challenges. Now that they are accepted more readily, it makes sense to push for full societal recognition. If we're visualizing it as a Maslow's hierarchy type of deal, we're now progressing up from a beginning that was mere survival. It was about--quite literally--NOT DYING OR BEING KILLED.
So what gay agenda is Lively so worried about? He cites the 1972 Gay Rights Platform, which I will quote for you verbatim.
Platform created at the National Coalition of Gay Organizations Convention held in Chicago in 1972
1) Amend all federal Civil Rights Acts, other legislation and government controls to prohibit discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations and public services.
2) Issuance by the President of an executive order prohibiting the military from excluding for reasons of their sexual orientation, persons who of their own volition desire entrance into the Armed Services; and from issuing less-than-fully-honorable discharges for homosexuality; and the upgrading to fully honorable all such discharges previously issued, with retroactive benefits.
3) Issuance by the President of an executive order prohibiting discrimination in the federal civil service because of sexual orientation, in hiring and promoting; and prohibiting discriminations against homosexuals in security clearances.
4) Elimination of tax inequities victimizing single persons and same-sex couples.
5) Elimination of bars to the entry, immigration and naturalization of homosexual aliens.
6) Federal encouragement and support for sex education courses, prepared and taught by gay women and men, presenting homosexuality as a valid, healthy preference and lifestyle as a viable alternative to heterosexuality.
7) Appropriate executive orders, regulations and legislation banning the compiling, maintenance and dissemination of information on an individual’s sexual preferences, behavior, and social and political activities for dossiers and data banks.
8) Federal funding of aid programs of gay men’s and women’s organizations designed to alleviate the problems encountered by Gay women and men which are engendered by an oppressive sexist society.
9) Immediate release of all Gay women and men now incarcerated in detention centers, prisons and mental institutions because of sexual offense charges relating to victimless crimes or sexual orientation; and that adequate compensation be made for the physical and mental duress encountered; and that all existing records relating to the incarceration be immediately expunged.
1) All federal legislation and programs enumerated in Demands 1, 6, 7, 8, and 9 above should be implemented at the State level where applicable.
2) Repeal of all state laws prohibiting private sexual acts involving consenting persons; equalization for homosexuals and heterosexuals for the enforcement of all laws.
3) Repeal all state laws prohibiting solicitation for private voluntary sexual liaisons; and laws prohibiting prostitution, both male and female.
4) Enactment of legislation prohibiting insurance companies and any other state-regulated enterprises from discriminating because of sexual orientation, in insurance and in bonding or any other prerequisite to employment or control of one’s personal demesne.
5) Enactment of legislation so that child custody, adoption, visitation rights, foster parenting, and the like shall not be denied because of sexual orientation or marital status.
6) Repeal of all state laws prohibiting transvestism and cross-dressing.
7) Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent.
8) Repeal of all legislative provisions that restrict the sex or number of persons entering into a marriage unit; and the extension of legal benefits to all persons who cohabit regardless of sex or numbers.”
Aside from #7 under the State Level, I don't personally see anything to be concerned about, do you? But this is the agenda that Lively is using to prove that homosexuals are trying to subvert society. To me, it looks like an agenda for equality, but who am I to say?
What other proof does Lively have? Well, take a look at this damning evidence!
In Gay Community News, Feb. 15-21, 1987, a writer named Michael Swift (which I assume to be an alias intended to evoke an association with the 18th century political satirist Jonathan Swift), published the following essay which was later republished in the Congressional Record. While it purports to be satire, I recognize its sentiments as a precisely accurate reflection of masculine-oriented male homosexual culture and goals, and I have observed that most of its elements have played out in real life in various ways.What kind of account is this, that has so obviously come true? Well, here are some choice quotes:
“We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, in your movie theater bathrooms, in your army bunkhouses, in your truck stops, in your all male clubs, in your houses of Congress, wherever men are with men together. Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us.
“Women, you cry for freedom. You say you are no longer satisfied with men; they make you unhappy. We, connoisseurs of the masculine face, the masculine physique, shall take your men from you then. We will amuse them; we will instruct them; we will embrace them when they weep. Women, you say you wish to live with each other instead of with men. Then go and be with each other. We shall give your men pleasures they have never known because we are foremost men too, and only one man knows how to truly please another man; only one man can understand the depth and feeling, the mind and body of another man.
“All laws banning homosexual activity will be revoked. Instead, legislation shall be passed which engenders love between men.It gets better. The satirical piece also says:
“We shall write poems of the love between men; we shall stage plays in which man openly caresses man; we shall make films about the love between heroic men which will replace the cheap, superficial, sentimental, insipid, juvenile, heterosexual infatuations presently dominating your cinema screens. We shall sculpt statues of beautiful young men, of bold athletes which will be placed in your parks, your squares, your plazas. The museums of the world will be filled only with paintings of graceful, naked lads.
“Our writers and artists will make love between men fashionable and de rigueur, and we will succeed because we are adept at setting styles. We will eliminate heterosexual liaisons through usage of the devices of wit and ridicule, devices which we are skilled in employing.
“We will unmask the powerful homosexuals who masquerade as heterosexuals. You will be shocked and frightened when you find that your presidents and their sons, your industrialists, your senators, your mayors, your generals, your athletes, your film stars, your television personalities, your civic leaders, your priests are not the safe, familiar, bourgeois, heterosexual figures you assumed them to be. We are everywhere; we have infiltrated your ranks. Be careful when you speak of homosexuals because we are always among you; we may be sitting across the desk from you; we may be sleeping in the same bed with you.
“There will be no compromises. We are not middle-class weaklings. Highly intelligent, we are the natural aristocrats of the human race, and steely minded aristocrats never settle for less. Those who oppose us will be exiled.There's much more to it, but it finishes with this line:
“Tremble, hetero swine, when we appear before you without our masks.”So I have to ask, which of these elements have played out in real life in various ways? I'm confused, because I'm fairly certain that if this has played out in real life, then the English also really did eat Irish babies, a la Jonathan Swift, man. I hope Michael Swift is out there somewhere, and knows that he has crafted a remarkable piece of evidence in favor of Poe's Law, because Lively is taking this as *fact*, as *evidence* of an ACTUAL GAY AGENDA OMZG!
Anyway, now that I have given you your evening dose of crazy, let's wrap this up.
The only way to refute these types of opponents is to consistently stand up and say, "This is not a gay agenda. This is an equality agenda. And why yes, it is fabulous."