June 15, 2014

Sunday Soundbite: Texas politician worried about the gay agenda

Don Huffines of Texas had some...unique thoughts about the decision of the Boy Scouts of America to stop discriminating against scouts based on their sexual orientation.
“I think it was a big mistake what the BSA did,” PH People quotes Huffines saying. “They can’t be trusted not to open the door for more infiltration from the gay agenda. Eventually we’ll have gay scouts and gay scoutmasters and gay troops. They’ll keep coming until their mission is fulfilled.”
I have to ask...what's their mission exactly?

Anytime someone rails against the"Gay Agenda", I find myself chuckling over the image of fabulously dressed folks in some modern decorated backroom, with a big old chart on the wall and a mission statement...I know, some of that is horribly stereotypes, but it intrigues me that folks like Huffines can continue to miss the fact that people are people. Period. Regardless of sexual orientation. There's no ulterior motive or plot. People want the same rights, regardless of who they love. That's not too much to ask.

Over and above that, I hate to break it to him, but there are already gay scouts and scoutmasters. It's just that the scoutmasters can't openly serve. That's a damn shame. I hope those of us within the scouting community continue to fight for equality within our ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment