June 21, 2014

Did You Miss Me?
It was pizza night.

Only one post yesterday. Whoooooo. We had my folks over for pizza night.

That meant a day spent frantically making dough and getting the house back in order. I had, ahem, apparently, slacked off during the week. My bad.

So, to make up for you, I'm going to give you my pizza recipe. Enjoy!

First off, the recipe comes from here.

I like to flavor my crust with all of the good stuff.

  • parmesan cheese
  • oregano
  • basil
  • rosemary
  • marjoram
  • italian seasoning
  • garlic
  • onion powder
I just keep mixing it in until it smells so good that it is difficult to resist.

The one cup of water makes the dough quite sticky, so I work in more flour as I knead it. The whole process takes about an hour and a half--maybe--including the time to rise (which is usually internet time, but was cleaning time today. Yay!). It may be much quicker if you have a stand mixer, like the folks running that blog do. I do not. Alas.

For my sauce, I start with tomato sauce. I find Great Value brand works great. Well, it's cheap. Cheap is good.

28 OZ can tomato sauce
4 TBSP olive oil
whatever flavoring you want

I usually mix the sauce and olive oil and cook it over medium heat for about ten minutes.

I stir in a variety of seasonings, usually:

  • parmesan cheese
  • garlic
  • onion powder
  • seasoned salt
  • black pepper
  • italian seasoning
  • basil
  • oregano
  • rosemary
I prefer seasoned salt. Regular salt works too.

For real fun, enlist any resident slave labor--in some places known as children. They may be messy, but they make it a helluva shindig!

Anyway, I'll be back with regular posts on Monday. Sunday Soundbite tomorrow, of course.

Have an amazeballs weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment